Congratulations! You are officially planning the Park City Wedding of your dreams! You’ve asked your college roommates, lifelong friends and siblings to be a part of this memorable day. As most couples are looking to capture the beautiful scenery of Park City’s Wasatch Mountains, it’s important to remember why you have chosen our lavish, cozy ski town for your once in a lifetime celebration destination...WE HAVE FUN! -And lots of it!-
Your wedding photos will last a lifetime, but the memories are more important. Which is why I have created the TOP 10 WINTER MUST DO’s with your Wedding Party!
1. First and foremost- Get out and ski! So what if your maid of honor (MOH) is from sea-level and the only snow she has seen was in A White Christmas. Deer Valley Ski Resort is consistently rated as a top ski resort worldwide. Gear up, dress warm, and get ready to ski some of the best groomed runs of your career. MOH can have her own private lesson with a Deer Valley expert, but beware: she might be out skiing you by the end of her one on one.
2. Skier’s Buffet at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley is a MUST after the first few runs. Notoriously known for the display, make sure to work up an appetite throughout the day. Everything from fresh and smoked seafood, chilis’ and soups, fresh meats and cheese, potato and pasta salad, to carving and pasta stations... Oh and save room for dessert! The BEST part: there is a no judging rule on how many goes you’ve had.
3. Head over to PCMR for the Snowed Inn Sleigh Ride and Dinner. The sleigh is pulled by two horses, taking you for a 25-30 minute ride to a beautiful lodge. A delicious western meal is prepared for your group while you enjoy each other’s company and appreciate live music.
4. Next stop would have to be Main Street. Specifically the Spur. This is one of the best venues in town for local live music. Make sure to have a camera on hand- group shot skis will be in order.
5. MOH made her way to the gym this morning but the rest of the group is moving slowly? Head to the St. Regis Deer Valley for their wasabi foam, black lava rock Bloody Mary. You’ll be back on your feet first sip.
6. Your wedding party is so overwhelmed with the endless possibilities of winter activities? Not a problem. Call the boys over at All Seasons Adventures to organize guided fly fishing, snowmobiling, snowcat skiing, dog sledding, or snow shoeing extravaganza to please all individual’s adrenalin needs.
7. Get the group together for a night of wine and painting. Whether your group would like a private party, or to join in on the Park City locals, the Paint Mixer is a messy great time. They provide a smock, paint, brushes, a 16x20 canvas and a guided demo of the painting of the day. Add the beer and wine bar to the mix, and your MOH is the new Picasso.
8. Check out the PC Live music schedule. Talk about a serious dance party!
9. Get your bowl on. Park City has the absolute coolest bowling alley ever. Jupiter Bowl with neon light galore, throwback music videos on projector screens and good old fashion bowling fun. The food is great, atmosphere is awesome and make sure to stop at the photo booth on the way
10. Last but certainly not least, your wedding party needs to check out The Utah Olympic Park. Park City would not be the town it is today without the 2002 Olympics. The amount of talent in this town is astonishing, go support our athletes and admire their skills. (Please: DO NOT TRY AT HOME). Keep in mind they are home to: the Zip Line, Bob Sledding and Alpine Slides, there is much fun to be had by all!
There it is bride and grooms!
All the best,
Catering Sales Manager
Stein Eriksen Lodge